- Has your winery been targeted for audit by the IRS over inventory accounting methods?
- Do you need assistance with working capital analysis and funding?
- Does your bank have a strong agricultural base and familiarity with your industry?
- Have you reviewed and analyzed your sales and pricing policies?
- Are you properly accumulating your vineyard costs?
- Is your accounting software delivering the most benefit to you?
The wine industry is subject to the whims of nature, but that doesn’t mean you can’t run your operation in such a way to minimize those fluctuations. Our location in the heart of California’s wine country has allowed us to develop specific expertise in your business. Tim Moratto, one of our tax partners, has owned and operated a vineyard for over 22 years.
Common issues in this industry are:
Does your inventory control take into account transfers, donations, tasting room sampling, and racking and topping losses.
Sales and pricing issues, include discounts, inventory and sales policy.
What about your capacity? Are you at capacity or should you be increasing production?
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Entity structure
- Tax implications
- Legal agreement analysis
- Audit representation
- Strategic and tactical consulting
- Business valuations
- Assistance with bank or other lender financing