- Do you need assets valued in connection with estate and gift tax planning or administration?
- Are you buying or selling a business?
- Are you planning to dissolve a business entity?
- Do you need to determine the value of a business because a business partner or loved one has died?
- Are you planning to grant stock options or issue stock to employees, founders, or strategic partners?
- Are you involved with an insurance claim filed for a loss of revenue?
- Are you getting a divorce?
A variety of business and personal events and transactions relating to legal matters require the need for the specialized knowledge and expertise of an experienced professional. From business valuations and forensic accounting to litigation support and expert witness testimony, the members of our valuation & dispute service staff are specialists in understanding the subtleties of litigious situations. We can help you and your attorneys negotiate your way through complex accounting, tax, economic, and financial matters with confidence and confidentiality.
Valuations of Businesses, Partnerships & Limited Liability Companies, and Intangible Assets
We can help you determine the value of a business for purposes of:
- Tax requirements for estate and gift planning
- Sale or purchase of a business
- Issuance of options or stock to employees
- Private securities offerings
- Employee stock ownership plans
- Buyout agreements among business owners
We assist insurance companies and claimants with preparing and evaluating insurance claims for a variety of causes, including loss of income and business interruption.
Case Assessment, Litigation Support, and Expert Witness Testimony
We assist our clients by helping them and their attorneys prepare for all the financial and economic aspects of trials and settlement proceedings. We are also experienced in providing expert witness testimony relating to financial, economic, and business matters in support of the litigation-related work that we or other experts have performed.
We assist clients and their attorneys in preparing property inventories, tracing the community and separate ownership of marital property over protracted time periods, analyzing cash transactions, and assessing income tax consequences of various alternatives. We also offer tax planning advice for situations that involve property settlement and spousal support issues.
- Business appraisals
- Economic damages
- Expert testimony
- Forensic analysis
- Fraud investigations
- Investigative accounting
- Embezzlement and fraud